Monday, September 2, 2013

Being glad and letting today mark a new adventure (this school year) with Him

But he said to me "My Grace is all you need.  My Power is strongest when you are weak."  So I am very happy to brag about how weak I am.  Then Christ's power can rest on me.  Because of how I suffered for Christ, I'm glad that I am weak.  I am glad in hard times.  I am glad when people say mean things about me.  I am glad when things are difficult  And I am glad when people make me suffer.  When I am weak, I am strong. -2Cor12:9-10

Sarah Young's Jesus Calling for Kids today, An Adventure with Me:

On that day you will realize that I am in the my Father and you are in me, and I am in you. - John14:20

"Living your life while depending on Me is a great adventure.  Most people - grown-ups and kids alike - scurry around trying to do things their own way.  Some are huge success; others fail miserably.  But both miss out on what life is supposed to be - an adventure with Me.

When you give control of your life to Me, I open your eyes so that you can see Me at work in the world.  Where others see "coincidences", you see My wonderful work - even miracles at times  And where others see only an everyday happening, you see Me. 

Live each day just watching for what I will do next.  You are in me, And I am in you - and through Me you learn to truly live.  This is the amazing adventure I offer you."

"In Him we live and move and exist.  As some of your own poets have also said 'We are his children.'  "Yes, we are God's children." -Acts17:28-29

You have received Jesus Christ as Lord  So keep on living in Him.  Have your roots in Him.  Build yourself up in Him.  Grown in what you believe, just as you were taught.  Be more thankful then ever before. - Col2:6-7

What this means to me .. leaving the past school year and camp (negatives in emailed questionnaires despite actual happenings, perceived success, what parents and administrators said, did and decided) and the greater tragedies in my life beyond behind, believing in Him in me, in what He can and will do.

I've got to live this year day by day resting, receiving and reflecting His Joy.  I think He's got an adventure in store this year and I'm excited to be in it, not alone, with My Christ .. the Man who loves me and my (His) children like no other ever has or ever will.  I am thankful for the all those He has encouraged me through,  how He has provided for Grant especially and Sophie too again and has entrusted me with 18 more of His children this year. My daily prayers this year will be for them but also for me to I allow and purpose to show gladness and happiness in all the things I do and say as how I do these stands for more than what I actually do.  Yet, working as if working for and serving Him and giving Him control of the rest.  Look out, I think we're going to see amazing things!

No comments:

Post a Comment