Monday, November 25, 2013

My words and His

Sometimes I wish my prayers were as deep as the words I type or penciled.  Today I stopped and read the words I wrote to The Lord .. even though I know He knows everything in those words and beyond it still felt different.  I often re-write words that I've read as its an effective means of meditating on them for me.

Sarah Young's Jesus Calling for Kids today:  "Never Stop Praying"
Always be joyful.  Never stop praying.  Be thankful in all circumstances. -1Thes5:16-18
"Never stop praying.  How is that even possible?  Try thanking me for every blessing you encounter in your day.  Not just your meals.. - but when you finish a class, when you get to see your friends, even when you face the 'hidden blessings' of troubles or challenges.
If you are serious about learning to pray at all times, then thank Me in every situation.  Don't get hung up on saying the 'right' words - prayer doesn't ave to be fancy or formal.  Just say 'thank You' and mean it.  This is a great starting point for all your other prayers too.
When you're caught up in thanking Me, you won't have time for worrying or complaining.  This will make you much happier.  You will be training your mind to keep talking with Me.  And that's really what 'never stop praying' is all about.
Come close to God and He will come close to you. <3 [Recognize that you are] sinners, get your soiled hands cleaned; [realize that you have been disloyal] wavering individuals with divided interests, and purify your hearts [of your spiritual adultery]. -Jam4:8  {Convicting}

May the God of your hope so fill you will all joy and peace in believing [through the experience of your faith] that by the power of The Holy Spirit you may abound and be overflowing with hope.  <3
Yesterday the question was asked what motivates you.  I can give a lot more words to define what it is, of course, but one simple word that came to mind was hope so this really resonantes with me.



No comments:

Post a Comment